NHS Human Services (NHS), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's largest non-profit providers of community-based human services. With nationally recognized programs in multiple states, NHS offers a full range of integrated services to children and adults in the areas of Mental Health, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Juvenile Justice, Autism, Treatment Foster Care, Addictive Diseases, Education, Eldercare, and Traumatic Brain Injury.
NHS Human Services is seeking energetic and compassionate people who want to grow their career in behavioral health services as a Program Specialist for our Therapeutic Foster Care program supporting the Bedford, Blair, and Cambria County region. This position will be Per Required Needs (PRN) with the hours worked being dependent on client needs. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends will be needed. The Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC) Program Specialist provides clinical oversight to the children on their caseload. Weekly therapy with the child and bi-weekly therapy with the family is provided, and support and strategies are given to the host home families.
· Provide weekly individual therapy to children on their caseload.
· Meet regularly with the TFC parents to develop strategies for meeting the youth's needs in the home.
· Supervise interventions provided by the TFC parents and assist the Program Coordinator in oversight of the treatment provided in the host home.
· Provide family therapy to the biological family.
· Responsible for designing and directing the implementation of a comprehensive plan that provides goals and strategies for ensuring the execution of all placement activities for the designated caseload of up to 12 children placed in the TFC Program.
· Identifies behavior goals and intervention techniques, and recommends non-aversive behavioral change methods.
· Contribute to the service and safety planning, all within the agency and state standards and regulations.
· Responsible for activities described in the Program Description, including clinical leadership of the treatment team, developing and overseeing implementation of the treatment plan, providing support to the host home family, providing individual therapy to the youth, and providing support and guidance to the aftercare family.
· The implementation of treatment strategies and training of TFC (Host Home) parents on the strategies (mentioned in Point #8) is conducted in collaboration with the Program Coordinator.
· Participate in on-call responsibilities, as shared in a rotation with other direct care staff (Program Managers, Coordinators, and Specialists) within the local site office.
· Assist the Program Supervisor and TFC Director with marketing strategies, recruitment, training, and approval activities of therapeutic families, and record-keeping services.