NHS Human Services (NHS), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's largest non-profit providers of community-based human services. With nationally recognized programs in multiple states, NHS offers a full range of integrated services to children and adults in the areas of Mental Health, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Juvenile Justice, Autism, Treatment Foster Care, Addictive Diseases, Education, Eldercare, and Traumatic Brain Injury.
NHS Human Services is seeking energetic and compassionate people who want to grow their career in behavioral health services as a Program Specialist for our Stepping Stones program in the Ellsworth area. This will be a “per required needs” (PRN) position and will require you to be available for a rotating schedule. As a Program Specialist, you are a critical and integral part of the Stepping Stones team working with each child in your service.
· Implement individualized treatments plans as developed by the Program Coordinator for children in the Stepping Stones Program.
· Increase children’s competencies in target skills as written in the Stepping Stones Program Description. (i.e. enhance strengths, teach generalization skills, increase sensory tolerance, etc.)
· Provide daily documentation and data collection on each child’s progress in conjunction with the goals identified in the client’s treatment plan.
· Work in a small group setting implementing interventions with the children that is guided by their individual treatment plan.
· Facilitating group activities and adapting those activities to the children in the group.
· Implement daily activity schedules focusing on such skills as socialization, communication, and play.
· Attend training as required by NHS Human Services.
· Maintain child / adolescent / family confidentiality at all times.
· Other reasonable and necessary duties as described by specific case need and approved and directed by NHS Human Services.