NHS Human Services is seeking energetic and compassionate people who want to grow their career in behavioral health services.
NHS Human Services (NHS), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's largest non-profit providers of community-based human services. With nationally recognized programs in multiple states, NHS offers a full range of integrated services to children and adults in the areas of Mental Health, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Juvenile Justice, Autism, Treatment Foster Care, Addictive Diseases, Education, Eldercare, and Traumatic Brain Injury.
NHS Human Services is now hiring a PRN Permanency Support Specialist to work in the Clearfield County / Dubois, PA area. The Permanency Support Specialist works through the Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN) to deliver SWAN units of service including child profile, child preparation, child specific recruitment, family profile, placement, finalization, and post permanency services in an effort to support permanency for children. The permanency worker will complete all assigned units of service according to established benchmarks and time frames in order to promote timely permanency. Travel (around 50%) and some evening hours will be necessary. Travel reimbursement of $ .40 / mile.
General responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of Department of Public Welfare regulations, SWAN bulletins, and other requirements
- Completion of all units of SWAN service as assigned
- Attendance at Swan and NHS meetings as determined by program leadership
- Participation in ongoing training as indicated by state regulations and NHS policy
- Support TFC/FCP staff in case planning activities to promote permanency for youth
- Market permanency services to county agencies and general public
- Promote visibility of NHS via local speaking engagements
Job Requirements :
Qualified candidates will possess the following requirements:
- High school diploma is required
- Bachelor's degree in human services related field such as psychology, counseling, or social work is preferred
- One year of experience working in the child welfare or closely related field is required
- Valid driver's license and use of personal reliable vehicle is required
Shifts will vary based on specifics of each case type. Flexibility will be offered with your schedule based on case need.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)